Remote Northern Communities
Remote northern and Indigenous communities have:
- Increasing and unfulfilled energy demands
- A heavy reliance on diesel and other high CO2 producing fuels causing adverse impacts on the economy and the environment
- Limited power capacity for much needed growth in infrastructure and development
- High power costs and lack of power reliability
KATE Energy is here to make changes so that northern and Indigenous communities have more affordable, more reliable and cleaner power and heat solutions. We believe in this essential premise.
Cooperative Engagement with Communities
Meaningful partnership with communities – working together to make a difference
Building Capacity + Fueling Growth
KATE Energy’s short to long term market growth opportunities are driven by the customers’ need for more cost effective and lower CO2emitting power and heating solutions. KATE Energy’s end-to-end solution is evolving into a catalyst to help revitalize local economies. New employment opportunities combined with less spending on fuel provides options for more spending power potential within communities, and more funds available for local business creation, community initiatives and enhancement opportunities.
- Skilled employment opportunities
- More options for community spending and opportunities
- Economic development opportunities
- Path to energy independence
Collaboration and Partnerships
KATE Energy is collaborating with Indigenous and northern remote leaders and their communities to help reduce their dependence on high CO2 producing fuels and increase their self-sufficiency.
KATE Energy’s leadership team has extensive experience partnering with these communities across Canada and is building strong working relationships based on mutual respect. KATE Energy is committed to meaningful consultation and true partnership with First Nations, Métis and Inuit communities.
Building strong relationships based on mutual respect.
Better Quality of Life
Supplying remote communities and industrial operations with more affordable, more reliable and cleaner power and heat improves quality of life and reduces adverse environmental impacts.
- Improved air quality
- Less noise and odor pollution
- Low carbon footprint
- Technology used addresses hazards related to spills or leaks